Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tell Me What You Want, What You Really, Really Want.

I'm a very hard person to keep around. The thing is, I just get bored. I can't help it. I can be the girl of your dreams for a month, and then after that I just become distant and unattached because I've lost interest.

So, to potential suitors, here you go.

How to Make Me Stay:
-Don't take me for granted. Ever.
-Take me out. Not just to dinner and a movie, although that's fine sometimes. Take me to a concert, or a festival, a picnic. I like stuff that's out of the ordinary. And I don't mean all the time, just at least every once in a while.
-Really listen to me. Believe me, if I like you then I listen to you, and I hang on to every word you say, because I want nothing more than to get to know everything about you. So I need to feel like my life and what I say is important to you.
-If you want to be with me, then Spike, Sweet Pea, and Bonnie come with the territory. Period.
-Support me in what I do. If I tell you I made an "A" on a test that I studied my butt off for, be proud of me. "Cool" is not a good response when I tell you that I accomplished something that meant a lot to me.
-Give me space. If I don't respond to your text immediately, then I'm busy or don't have my phone with me. I promise, I'm not ignoring you, and I'll get back to you when I can.
-The majority of my friends are males. So you have to trust me and not be jealous, because I will not give up my friends that I've had for years because you have trust issues.
-Know that I'm loyal. If I commit myself to you then I want to be with you, and only you. So if you ever accuse me of cheating...that's just going to push me away. Because I may be a lot of things, but unfaithful is not one of them.
-I am not a sex object. The minute you start acting like I'm only there to please you, I'm gone.
-Flowers are like, my favorite thing in the world. Just sayin'.
-Don't say the "L" word too soon. That's just going to scare me away.
-If I tell you my secrets, keep them.
-Know that I love my family and they will always come first.
-Go with me to support my little brother in his school events. Football games, band concerts, whatever. If it's important to him then it's important to me. So it should be important to you.
-Don't make fun of my brother, even jokingly. That will make him not like you, and I'd prefer my family to like you.
-There will be fights. It's inevitable. Try to see my side, and I will try to see your. I'd rather talk out any problems we have before they turn into a bigger deal than necessary.
-Be yourself. I don't want someone who tries to be someone they're not.
-Know that I'm going to have bad days. Not just the every once in a while bad day that normal people have, I'm going to have really bad, depressed person bad days. Hopefully not often, but they happen. On those days just be there for me. Hold me. Don't try to get me to tell you what's wrong, because honestly, there may not be anything wrong. I may just be sad, and you have to understand that.
-Just show me that you care about me.

And know, that in return, I will give you all the love and respect you deserve.

I really don't think I'm high maintenance. There's just things I need in a relationship, and I won't accept anything less. I've dealt with some really crappy guys in the past, and I know that I deserve more than to be treated like crap.

So, for any guy that may potentially be interested in me, good luck. Hopefully you make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment