Saturday, October 5, 2013

I guess it's been a few months since my last post. I haven't really had time to write lately though. I've been so busy. School and work are consuming my life. But I'm actually okay with that.

So I've started school at ASU Beebe, and I'm in the Veterinary Technology program. FINALLY, after a year of not being in school, I'm back on track. I think that year off was good for me though, because it gave me time to figure out what I wanted to do, to grow up a little, and to get my priorities straight. And now I love school. I look forward to going to class every day and learning, unlike high school where I only showed up half the time (yet I still graduated with an honors sash, two cords, and a medallion...so I guess it wasn't that important for me to be there.)

I also got a new job. I'm actually already doing what I'm going to school for. Weird, yeah? But I was sitting in the break room at Walgreen's one day, browsing through the classifieds in the newspaper... and I saw an advertisement for someone looking for help in a veterinary clinic. I took a chance and applied, and now I'm officially an employee at After Hours Animal Hospital. This really is an awesome opportunity for me, considering there aren't many jobs in the animal health care field that have hours convenient for someone who is in school during the day. So I got really lucky there. Not to mention, I love it there. I love being in the clinical setting again, and working with animals. That truly is my passion. I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else. The whole putting down animals part is kind of hard, but it's getting a little easier. It'll always be sad, and I'll always wish I could save every animal, but hopefully at some point it won't affect me so much.

My baby brother marched his first parade today. I was so proud of him. Seeing the bands march by made me really nostalgic though. I miss band and color guard so much. I miss performing. Band and guard are probably the only things I miss from high school and UCA. Besides my friends, of course.

It's sleep time for me. I've got work tomorrow at noon.

The End. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment